Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CS Pooja (Company Secretary)     28 May 2009

Membership of Bar Council

Dear All

I am an ACS from Institute of Co. Secretaries of India (ICSI).

I possess ACS no. from ICSI which I am using in my current organization where I am a whole time CS (u/s 383 A, Companies Act, 1956)

Will Bar Council allot me membership number upon my clearing LLB.

Also, does a member require only a membership no. from Bar Council to practice??

If I need to work as a solicitor, a notary or an expert in a certain field, …do I need to pass separate exams for the same??

Learning

8 Replies

Also, will I get the membership no. from Bar Council upon getting my degree...will the college/ university apply on my behalf to Bar Council or will I have to go for it personally...???

Also, will I have to undergo any training before any no. is allotted to me???

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     28 May 2009

above reply is suficient.

Prabhu Ram (Advocate)     28 May 2009

Dear Pooja

The reply from Mr.Sivasubramaniam is sufficient. But i would like to add a point. A law graduate becomes an advocate and gets his enrollment no. from state bar council, which is enough for him to start practice. There is nothing like in CS profession to get membership and CP (Certificate of Practice) separetaly to start practice.

If you want to practice law  you can get an enrollment no. and start practice but should not be in employment either as CS or law officer. You can still retain ur ACS membership no and use ACS with ur name.

Thanks Gentlemen, for your replies.

May I know, to become a solicitor, are we required to give separate examination??

Thanks for the advice..

But, our co.'s lawyer writes below his name in the following style:

XYZ & Associates (Regd.)

Advocates, Solicitors and Notary

What I know that he has never been outside the country...hence I presume he did his Solicitorship in India..

(Guest)

NANDKUMAR B.SAWANT.,M.COM.LL.B.(MUMBAI),ADVOCATE MOBILE.09325226691,09271971251 e.mail.adv.nbsawant@yahoo.co.in e.mail.nandkumarbs@sify.com

REGARDING ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT  ADVOCATES, KINDLY NOTE THAT

1.ONCE YOU PASS FINAL YEAR LL.B.EXAM.YOU APPLY FOR DEGREE CERTIFICATE.ONCE YOU GET YOUR LAW DEGREE.YOU HAVE TO FILL REGISTRATION FORM WITH ALL FEES AND ENCLOSING RELEVENT DOCUMENTS. MOST OF YOUR QUESTIONS YOU WILL FIND ANSWER IN THE SAID PROCESS. ONCE YOU ARE REGISTERED AT BAR COUNCIL OF THE STATE YOU CAN PRACTICE AS AN ADVOCATE.IT IS A FULL TIME WORK. PART TIME IS NOT ALLOWED.BUT KINDLY NOTE THAT FOR LAW EXAMS HARDLY 20% ACTS ARE INCLUDED IN YOUR SYLABUS FOR EXAMS.THERE ARE SEVERAL NEW ACTS PASSED BY PARLIAMENT,ONCE YOU BECOME LAWYER YOU HAVE TO LEARN TO PRACTICE CIVIL LAWS AS PER CIVIL PROCEDURE CODE AND CRIMINAL LAWS AS PER CRIMINAL PROCEDURE CODE

KINDLY ACCEPT MY BEST REGARDS.YOU ARE HAVING SUCH A GOOD QUALIFICATIONS YOU WILL SUCCEED IN ANY PROFESSION.BUT YOU MUST REMEMBER THE FACT THAT LAWYERS ARE ALWAYS ATTACHED TO THE SOCIETY AND PEOPLE BOTH RICH AND POOR. ONCE YOU LEARN BY PRACTICE HOW TO DEAL WITH DIFFERENT TYPES OF PEOPLE YOU WILL SUCCEED. I AM PRACTICING AS A LAWYER AND HAVE WON SEVERAL CIVIL AND CRIMINAL CASES. IN CIVIL MATTERS YOU COME ACROSS CIVILISED PERSONS BUT WHILE DEALING WITH CRIMINAL CASES YOU COME ACROSS ROUGH AND TOUGH PERSONS WHO ARE ALSO HUMAN BEINGS BUT ARE SUFFERING IN JAIL FOR THEIR SINGLE MISTAKE DUE TO ANGER AND EGO.

WHILE PRACTICISING AS ADVOCATE YOU HAVE TO KEEP COOL. AND SHOULD HAVE SPORTSMANSHIP AND SHOULD BE READY TO ACCEPT VICTORY AND DEFEAT AT EASE.AND BE PREPARED FOR THE NEXT MATCH.

WISHING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS BEST REGARDS

IN CASE YOU NEED ANY FURTHER INFORMATION,KINDLY WRITE.

THANKING YOU

YOURS SINCERELY

NANDKUMAR B.SAWANT.,M.COM.LL.B.(MUMBAI),ADVOCATE

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register