LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Solid Mercury (Software Engineer)     12 March 2013

Medical leave policy

I am working in a IT firm (Karnataka) where there were 30 days of medical leave for the year 2012. But they have reduced it to 5 days for the year 2013. Could someone tell whether these kind of reduction can be made by the company. Don't we have any act which says the minimum no of medical leaves to be provided by the company. I there is so please provide me with the link to those policies or act.

Thank you

Learning

5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 March 2013

For woman employees, there is an act specially The maternity Benefit Act, 1961

Solid Mercury (Software Engineer)     12 March 2013

Firstly I am a male. I am talking about sick leave

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 March 2013

The IT industry had been advised to submit its draft standing orders till Dec,2012 for certification and has been granted exemption from IESO Act till March, 2013.

It was pleaded by the representatives of the IT industry that IT industry need customized standing orders.

Till then you may look into SE Act of Karnataka e.g.:

Sec.15: Annual Leave with wages:

Explanation: (c) (3). 12 days

Ideally standing orders should be finalized by employer, employee’s union/employee’s representatives and certifying officer (Dy. labor Commissioner) should also hold active discussion before passing the standing orders of each company.

You may get in touch with DLC at your location, Inspector under SE Act of Karnataka and also trade union in Karnataka for guidance.

It is high time that employees in IT industry become members of trade unions and seek guidance from them. Trade unions have been trying to organize work force in Karnataka.

The contact details of labor officials, unions are enclosed.

You may find the attachments useful.

Attached File : 930084504 karnataka shops and commercial establishment act.pdf, 930084504 karnataka to have cutomised stabding orders for it.doc, 930084504 trade unions in karnataka.doc downloaded: 160 times

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 March 2013

Attached.

Pass to as many IT employees as possible and unite them.

Attached File : 930084504 union and it sector real-time-chap-03.pdf, 930084504 list of labor officials in banglore.doc downloaded: 127 times

Kaushik (Medical Administrator)     28 October 2014

CAn any body Clear my douts about Sick leaves

1. How long in single time can be sanction?

2. who should sign? 

3. how many sign required to sanction ?

4. is it allowed if any GP/BAMS?BHMS give certificate? 

5. Is there any  written guideline by Government of  india

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register