LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prajesh Jehan (Ub)     08 February 2020

Male died intestae in 1950.his son died in 1953

My Grandfather 'A' purchased agriculture lands in 1935.He died intestate in 1950 leaving behind his wife(B),Son,Daughter (My mom).My uncle(A and B's son)died in 1953 leaving his wife and minor daughter..
My Grandmother(A's wife) died intestate in 1966.
Do my mother(A and B's Daughter) have share in property as My grandmother(B) died after Hindu Sucession 1956  act ?
The property was not partioned between My uncle family and My mother till date.
We hail from Hindu family in Tamilnadu

Learning

5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     08 February 2020

Yes. Your mother and your uncle's wife have equal share over the property of your grandfather.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 February 2020

The issue can not receive precise guidance, unless the occupation, status, possession, enjoyment of property, revenue records are gone into, and the reasons for remaining silent all these years are convincingly explained.  Contact a local advocate.

Shashi Dhara   09 February 2020

Contact advocate and fill his pocket with 2000rs pink notes surely he will fight for justice and he gives justice for you.he gives life to skeleton .he postmortems it.if you have money, time to spend,energy surely you get partition.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     10 February 2020

File a suit for partition through a local prudent lawyer.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     05 March 2020

As your grand-father and father died prior to 1956 so on demise of your grand-father the entire estate legally was inherited by your grand-mother who has died in the year post 1956 hence her estate shall go in favour of her successors including the successors of your father.

Suit for partition and possession is the sole remedy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register