Maintenance being claimed by father after years of desertion

Dear All,

I need clarification on the above topic. My father has neglected and deserted my mother and me without any monetary aid or any other form of aid whatsoever for last 30 years. (My mom didn't claim maintenance or divorce as she was scared of him and was a job holder herself). He himself was a Central Govt. Employee for 20 years and then worked in private sector for 30 years drawing decnt salary.

After years of hard work and struggle, my mom along with help from my grandparents (mom's side) raised me by herself and I'm currently in a good job. I have taken care of my grandparents till their demise and my mom for all these years as they have done for me. I'm also married and have to take care of those responsibilities too.

Now my father out of nowhere is seeking maintenance under Senior Citizens Maintenance Act (he is 64 years old) after all these years and making threats at my workplace with intent of defaming me.

Request you to kindly help me as to course of action as my father is giving sleepless nights to me and my entire family.

Thank You.


Free legal advice and legal aid cell

1.  First being a woman, you have got a right free legal aid from District Legal services Authority.  You approach them and they provide you Legal Aid counsel.

2.  You need not pay even a single paisa, because being in Govt. service for a considerable time, he was entitled to pension and after private servcie also, by abdicating family responsibility, he must have save huge money.  Only indigent parent is entitled to maintenance from children.  

3.  He failed to discharge family responsibility during his heydays, he cannot claim maintenance.  Don't give him a penny and fight him out in court of law.  If he is really indigent, Government is providing free old age homes and you suggest him through court to get admittance in one of them.

Don't worry at all.


64years old 20yrs govt employee 30yrsprivate sector in total 50yr minus 50yrsi.e.14yrs that means he was child labor.dont exaggerate be truth before advocate and doctor then he can give real opinion.

Dear Sir, exact years of service are 17 years in Govt service and and 20 years in private service. I wanted clarification so made approximation . Didn't think exact years were that important. I apologise if you felt offended. Thank you.

@ Samarpan Sir, I don't know what he did with all his money. He says he doesn't have even a penny now.

Don't care for his black mail also lodge complaint if he comes and torture u .let he go to court.defend by engaging eminent advocate.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x