Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Legal quiz- Religious base of SC/ST

Page no : 2

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Dr. V.N. Tripathi
"
According to the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order, 1950, a person professing a religion other than Hindu,Sikh or Buddhist can not be a member of scheduled caste.

Is there any such criteria for scheduled tribe also?
"

Dear Dr. Tripathi, please post here the text of referred order or ant net link.

Please also enlighten us as to what are provisions in constitution for removal of caste discrimination and which religion/religions is/are root cause of caste discrimination.

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     22 January 2011

Dear Mr. Ram Samudre,

Art. 15 provides for prohibitionof discrimination on grounds of religion, race, caste, s*x or place of birth.

Art. 17 provids for abolition of untouchability.

But, conclusion can not be drawn on basis of a single or isolated provision. Many provisions are to be construed harmoniously and in consonance with each other keeping in view part IV, the directive principles of state policy. In this regard, You may recollect a line from Samvidhaan Chaalisa - "Mantra mahamani lakshya gyaan ke, sab samvidhi sanshay nidaan ke." This line is devoted to part IV of the constitution.

Second part of your query is not relevant for this thread and any comment on it will change the track of the discussion. Hence, I am sorry , I prefer to abstain from replying on it. However,You may post an independent query / thread for it , I will try to participate with a proposition that discrimination can not be the basis or rule of any Dharma ( religion is not exact translation of Dharma) and there also, a single sentence from any epic should not be undestood in isolation.

(Guest)

As advised by Dr. Tripathi, the link of new thread is here;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Which-DHARNA-is-ROOT-CAUSE-OF-CASTE-DISCRIMINATION-30523.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register