LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Magudeeswaran (Software Engineer)     31 August 2011

Legal advise required

I am summarising my question here please advise me what to do?

1. My grandfather (my mother's father) has ancestral land property.

2. He has two wivies. First wife is our mother's mother who died long ago.

3. After the first wife;s death My grandfather gone for second marriage.

4. For second wife, two children - 1 male, 1 femae both are married and settled down.

5. Before going to get second marriage, my grandfather entered into a settlement deed to his
two motherless children (one is our mother, another one who died long ago before her marriage)
Said that "4 out of 16 acres should be given to his first wife's children and
he do not have any further right over that properties"

6. Event 1: After all children marriage, my grand father and my uncle (second wife;s son)
had a partition deed said that "whole property is divided by two (inc. the previous settlement property to my mother)

7. Event 2: my mother's property also enjoyed by our uncle. he was trying to sale that portion alone
then, our timely invention my uncle gave minimal amount as a settlement and sold out that property
(My mother also signed on that sale deed which sold out to third party)

8. Event 3: now our grandfather entered into a new settlement saying that "His partition property should go to
his second wife and he does not have any further right over that"

9. It was just executed a month ago.

10. my quetion is, "Is my mother has right on that property (Which comes to our grandfather from the partition deed between my uncle and grandfather"

11. How effective the Event 3 settlement? What steps my mother has to take at current situation?

Advance thanks.

Magudees

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register