LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anoop Painuly (software engg)     14 July 2012

Landlord not return security deposit

Subject :I am facing problem with my previous landlord Mr Vipin Singh S/O Mr Banni Singh, he is not returning my security 8,700 rupee .

Hello Support ,
I have got two room set at s-137 3rd Floor pandav nagar on October 2011 in Mr Vipin Singh S/O Mr Banni Singh house with rent amount 8,7000 rupee through property dealer.
Initially i have paid 8700 advance rent and 8700 Security to landlord as well 8700 to Property dealer.
Due to some problem i have change my room some where else. i have talked with my property dealer and landlord as well, After discussion i have given my one month notice period to my landlord.
I have said to my landlord please adjust my security amount with my last month rent as property dealer was suggest me. But my landlord told me please provide last month rent & he will return my security 2day before of leaving the house.But i do not want that. I have discuses this thing to my property dealer but end of the dealer and landlord request me to provide rent him and he will return security as he spoken.i have given him last month rent.
Base on condition i have request him to return my security they tell lots of excuses like they no money right now give some just 10 to 15 days he will return money or can be between 2 to 3 days when this room will rented to some other person. i said OK no problem i will come after 10 to 15 days. But after 15 days i come there for money and sow that room was rented to some person they have set some more excuses again . i have called to property dealer to please do something . Dealer setup a fixed date to landlord for return security . But noting happened.

Just few days back i was there for security they have again give me excuses but this time i have told him please provide me cheque of 8,700 rupee .
dealer also request him to provide cheque . At the end of the day they have given me cheque of 8,700 for future date 4 month latter i was says thanks.
But i have some doubt on cheque because lots of mistake on provided cheque spelling of 8,700 in word was not correct. i have confirm with
bank to check is this account for the provided cheque running or not. Customer care told me that this account is not use in last one year so they closed this account.
On behalf of this information i have update my property dealer first and landlord as well. Dealer talk server dialog with landlord but have no result.

Just one week back i have sent him formal notice and mention if he will not return my security i will take some legal action against him.

Finally they told me do what you can we will not return you security. It is over then 60 days to left that room but still security not return yet by landlord

For you information i have start to live that house form October 2011 and left at 30 April 2012. Condition mention on agreement if i left the room or landlord want to vacate the room before 11 month so he or me should give on month proper notice period

I am providing you landlord and dealer details as below and also attached cheque photocopy that provided me by landlord and its bank said this account was close.

Landlord Information :
Name : Mr Vipin Singh S/O Mr Banni Singh
Address : S-137 Pandav nagar 110092
Mobile Number : 9871408512

Dealer Information

Dealer Name : Mr. Suneel
Address : Pandav Nagar -110092
Mobile Number : 9268580580

I need your valuable support .

Regards
Anoop Painuly

Learning

1 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     14 July 2012

dear anoop,

yes you are entitled to get back your valuable money deposited as security to landlord.

first of all keep that cheque safe who is issued by your landlord to you for that amount

it is the evidence that your landlord had commiteed to pay you back the security

file a recovery suit against the landlord and also file 420 case aginst your landlord and the dealer seperately .

once you win the case you will get all expenses alongwith interest rate of your amount and also the espentiture you spen on the court process alongwith advoacte fees

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register