LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pavan-kumar (SE)     07 June 2016

Joint property to single owner

my father purchased 2 properties one for me ( plot ) and one for my brother ( Flat ) and in both the registered documents my father is the joint owner of the property, my father expired 3 years back and now i want to own the property which was registered with my name and my father name and my brother want to own his property.......

can we have this done, if so then what is the procedure.

Learning

3 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     08 June 2016

Approach SRO personally made an application & attach death certificate of ur father and true copy offlat , plot which you sant to transfer on ur name.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 June 2016

and if you have mutual understanding, you can also sign partition deed, mentioning such facts and award can be sought through Legal Service Authority, and then you can make the document legal.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 June 2016

The easy way of tackling this complex situation is by both executing a registered release deed relinqusishing each other'srights in each other's properties byway of your father's share in it, towards their respective share in either of your properties. This will make both of you absolute owners of the respective properties. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register