Inter-state transfer of Car Driving License LMV (NT) non-transport...non-commercial License is possible ?

Respected LCI Forum Experts,

Greetings to you all !

I am registered querist with esteemed LCI. Also Senior Citizen and worked in engineering profession by virtue of my qualification.

I was in Mumbai - Maharashtra for many years and having Valid LMV Car Driving License issued by RTO Mumbai, Maharashtra State.

Of late.. I have shifted on permanent basis to Indore Madhya Pradesh to spend my retired life peacefully with no professional activities henceforth.

May I humbly request our LCI Experts who can enlighten me on....."How I can transfer my valued LMV Car Driving License (LMV NT) from RTO Mumbai Maharashtra to RTO Indore Madhya Pradesh ?"

Would be highly obliged if elaborated reply given on this request.

My registered email address with LCI :

My Registered Mobile No.


Best regards.

Dinesh Shah
Registered Member of LCI
& Senior Citizen

Yes you can

There are some formal procedures which you have to follow.

You must provide an ID proof of your permanent residence in Indore eg (Family card , property documents, or a company letter) to Indore RTO

You must fill up a form attaching your permanent address and ID proof of your Indore House and a copy of your Driving licence (Mumbai RTO). I don’t know about how much you have to pay for the form it varies from state to state.

Your Driving license (Indore RTO) will be issued in 10 days. If your application and  docs are in order.

This is the formal process which you must follow but It’s not required as you can use any state driving license to drive all over India.


Thanks a lot Mr. Suri. Shravan Kumar for your reply above.

I have my Aadhar Card New with corrected Address .. i.e. Indore Address. It will be accepted by Indore RTO as a proof of my Permanent Local Address..I believe.
Can you throw some light on what type of Application Form of RTO..I need to fill up ?

Is it available "ON LINE" which can be downloaded. There is no Driving Test again....Am I Right ???

It will be issued based on my submission of Existing Valid LMV Car Driving License Copy and required application form alongwith Indore Local Permanent Address proof (Aadhar Card). Awaiting your valued input.
Thanking you for your time..once again.

Best regards.

Dinesh Shah
Email ID



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu