LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shekhar Rohilla   16 May 2019

Incomplete and biased chargesheet in 498a

In my case IO has subimted incomplete chargesheet before court. He hides important documents/evidence that can lead to discharge all accused.

Now I and my lawyer is planning to move an application in concerned court that IO has not done proper investigation and he hides essential documents submitted by me during the investigation which is clear by observing charge sheet.

There is no doubt in the fact that based on those document entire case can be proved wrong and accused can be discharged safely at the time of charge frame.

I need expert advice about what would be the best move for me. What are the things we need to keep in mind while drafting the application? Is there anything else we can do at this moment. My date of charge frame is in August.

Learning

1 Replies

Mastan   01 October 2019

Section 173(8) in The Code Of Criminal Procedure, 1973
(8) Nothing in this section shall be deemed to preclude further investigation in respect of an offence after a report under sub- section (2) has been forwarded to the Magistrate and, where upon such investigation, the officer in charge of the police station obtains further evidence, oral or documentary, he shall forward to the Magistrate a further report or reports regarding such evidence in the form prescribed; and the provisions of sub- sections (2) to (6) shall, as far as may be, apply in relation to such report or reports as they apply in relation to a report forwarded under sub- section (2).

Ok, then what about this 173(8)crpc sir after 173(2)Crpc chargesheet.
      Can an accused submit new evidence before the police officer and requests him to submit that evidence before magistrate in the prescribed form?
        If the IO not forwarded the evidence to magistrate court then can accused file a petition in court attaching the evidence to that petition making a pray to hon'ble judge to direct the IO to consider the evidence and to submit under "supplementary chargesheet" , if the evidence has merits to do so?

has anybody tried like this?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register