Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498a victim (job)     10 March 2017

Husbands property

Respected All learned,

My 498a case is going on in initial stage,

complaint given in july 2016, inquiry done in oct 2016, and than chargesheet prepared, we went to family court and took ab in jan 2017. next date was given on 2nd march, me and my father went and took date of 10th may. just dragging the case.

now i am thinking of purchasing new house in joint with my brother (partnership), will this has any impact on the case,

can wife claim on that property as it is jointly purchase?

thanking you all.

Learning

5 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     10 March 2017

its better to wait to till the outcome of the case

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 March 2017

The Presiding Officer can decide costs/awards in your case considering your estate.

The OP may report the estate.

So one prespective is to focus on case and attempt to conclude ASAP, and postpone the purchase of property, in your name.

stanley (Freedom)     10 March 2017

Patience is the key to sucess . wait till the case concludes . you will have all the time in the world after that .

A walk alone (-)     10 March 2017

Better wait till all settlement or divorce complete. If you buy She can claim a part at alimony or maintenance time from your property.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 March 2017

Other Prespective ( Although you should avoid temptation as much as possible):

Like the Financers do e.g; Finance, get irrevocable POA, acceptance of borrowing/Financial pronote, registered WILL etc etc…………..

For this: Obtain second opinion from your own senior and very able counsel of unshakable repute at yourt own location…………..

However pls remember that; One should learn to protect hard earned monies.

By now you must have known that litigation can be stressful, protracted and costly.

The following transactions are not benami:

1. Property held under the name of spouse or child, for which the amount is being paid through a known source of income.

2. A joint property with brother, sister or other relatives for which the amount is paid out of known sources of income.

3. Property held by someone in a fiduciary capacity; that is, transaction involving a trustee and a beneficiary.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register