Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lalit Pal   21 November 2019

How to transfer property title( on property papers) in name of child after demise of parents?

I have two properties in New Delhi, Delhi. Both of these properties are titled each in the name of my parents. My mother passed away in 2016 without leaving any will and so did my father in 2019. Now I want to get both the properties transferred in my name in the property papers, so what is the procedure for it? I have my surviving member certificate which I got issued when I needed it for LIC policy claim. I have also asked the House tax department in M.C.D. office and they have told me that property mutation will only be done in the M.C.D. records. If I want to get title transfer then I need to talk to lawyer as this can only be done through court. So, I want to know what is the complete procedure of getting these properties title transferred in my name? What is the approximate cost? What are the other documents which I need to get issued to get this work done. Or any other thing which I need to know about it. note: death certificates are already issued. I am the only child of my parents. My grand parents are also not alive.

Learning

1 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     21 November 2019

you are saying you have surviving member certificate ,then ssubmit an application before the Teshsildar concerned and get your property mutated in your name Just hire some advocate who is well versed with  such cases

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register