Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

R. SRINIVASA RAO (employee)     17 May 2015

Harassment by land seller

Respected Sir,

My Name is r. srinivasa rao (purchaser) and I am a government employee. I belongs to scheduled caste community. In July 2007, I purchased 4 acres of land from a scheduled caste community person Prasad (seller) who is also a government employee (sub-registrar in Revenue department). In the sale deed document he (seller) has mentioned that the land is not an assigned land. But recently seller has send a legal notice through a lawyer stating that the land is assigned land and Patta is D.K patta. Now he (seller) is threatening me that if the land is not surrender you will go to jail for six months. What shall I do. Please guide me.

with best regards

srinivasa rao

Learning

2 Replies

bsrao   19 May 2015

If you have a valid sale deed, then both of you will be deprived of the land. Even selling the land is not allowed. Try for a compromise. You should have verified before purchasing.

You can, however, file a case of cheating and also file a suit for recovering the monies (with interest) you paid him.

R. SRINIVASA RAO (employee)     20 May 2015

Thank for your reply sir. Moreover the land is assigned to seller's father who is an ex-service man. The land assigned is in the year 1970

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register