Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ArchAngel (Associate Legal Manager)     14 July 2014

Hacking a hacker

Hello Experts,

I would like to your opinion on the below matter.

Intruding into a hacker's computer or a network, without a wrong motive, to check/get back to stolen data is a crime or not? 

It is basically like a hacker hacked into our machine to steal some important financial data. We just hack him back to recover that information and to figure out the intensity of damage. 

Thanks,

ArchAngel

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

Well its like stealing from a thieve, or robbing from a robber or even cheating from a fraud person. Anyways i have enough examples but in the end, a crime is a crime. I understand you did it for getting your data back and probably have no ulterior motive but you have commit a crime . However since no complaint has been done against you then you are safe. Am sure you have masked you IP and subnet to hide your tracks so hacker may not find you but if not then he will hack your system again probably so take precautions.

1 Like

kartikeya (lawyer/cyber law consultant/cyber crime investigator)     23 July 2014

definitely its a crime... if you have doubt regarding that you can approach concern authority ... but to hack is a crime which attracts sec 66 of IT act...

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register