LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naval Rungta (Manager)     03 February 2014

Free legal help & advice

For all Mumbai based litigants needing free legal help and genuine advise pl. contact The Honorary Legal Aid & Advice Centre, Yashodham High School Trust Office, Yashodham, Off Film City Road, Goregaon-E, Mumbai 400063. Phone:022-40278222. They work only on Sunday 9:30- 1 PM and headed by Shri D R Dhanuka, Former Judge Bombay High Court who is highly respected and doing selfless service to the society. I have been helped and satisfied with service / guidance. There is no fleecing and demand for money.

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 February 2014

Thanks for posting this useful information.

Do they have a website and email id also?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 February 2014

The attention is drawn to another thread at LCI in  which the querist has alleged that he has been fleeced by  "lawyers associated with the Honorary Legal Aid Centre & Advice Centre whose convenor is a Ex. judge of Bombay- Justice DR Dhanuka."

Everyone should obtain proper receipt of payment made from his lawyer and should preferably pay by cheque.

The thread is available at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/How-to-get-NOC-and-refund-from-fleecing-lawyer--214891.asp#.Uu9abUeBmXU

How to get NOC and refund from fleecing lawyer ? (Civil Law)

This query is : Resolved

Author : Anonymous 

Posted 2 years ago

We have been fleeced by lawyers associated with the Honorary Legal Aid Centre & Advice Centre whose convenor is a Ex. judge of Bombay- Justice DR Dhanuka. We were made to pay Rs. 50000/- for filing two petitions but the lawyer has filed only one petition for Contempt of Court and did not attend court for a crucial hearing intentionally. The second petition is not atall filed. Now we want him to remove him to appoint another lawyer and get refund of money that we paid but he is not agreeing to it and avoids us. It is unfortunate that such lawyers are patronized by the Honorary Legal Aid Centre & Advice Centre as they merely join them offering services for getting clients and then cheat them. Pl. advice. 

Expert : ajay sethi
PRO CHAT CALL

Posted 2 years ago

1) you have stated that sum of Rs. 50,000 was paid by you for filing 2 petitions .

2) was the payment made by cash or cheque?
3) has the lawyer given you any receipt?

4) if lawyer has give you a receipt whether recipt mentions it is for filing 2 petitions ? 
5) whether recipt also mentions for hearing of the 2 petitions before court?

6)the issue of refund will arise only if lawyer has mentioned in writing that Rs. 50,000 has been paid for filing and for hearing of the 2 petitions 

Expert : Advocate Rajkumarlaxman
PRO CHAT CALL

Posted 2 years ago

convenor is a Ex. judge of Bombay you said. then has he been knwn that you have paid susch an such a amount for the case. give details of the lawyers. I am practising at Mumbai Highcourt only. i would help you to file the other petition through them only or we will move it separately. You can take NOC on vakalat and file with other lawyer anytime. my cell no is 9167004496/9323690563

Expert : Advocate Rajkumarlaxman
PRO CHAT CALL

Posted 2 years ago

it is through understanding that you may get refund of the amount because i donot think they have issued you any receiot for the smae.

Expert : ADVOCATE DEFENSE.
PRO CHAT CALL

Posted 2 years ago

No legal case possible., unless you have receipts and agreement.

manoj (self)     03 February 2014

plz send me related documents

condition is,
when girl is belong to general caste And married with obc boy.
after marriage she can take obc caste,or obc benifits or not plz tell me.

SP Singhss (Engineer)     03 February 2014

My child custody case is going on in court

Wife is not bringing child for meeting on 1st and 3rd saturdays

What can be done in this regard, pls guide ?

Naval Rungta (Manager)     03 February 2014

Sir, You need to visit in person at the given address on Sunday between 10-1 PM.  with relevant papers.

mahesh singha (boat operator)     04 February 2014

hi 

my name is mahesh singha. one of my friend issued me a cheque dated 30-08-13 and it was dishonered on date 13 november 2013. today is date 03-02-14 so can i take any legal action against him. 

wating for favorable respond.

thank you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More