Forged signature in rti reply

assistant professor


I used to work as Assistant Professor in Govt. College on contract last year (2012-2013). Then, after some time the Principal of the college was transferred and new Principal joined the college. The interviews were conducted again this year and i was not selected. I filed an RTI application with the PIO cum Principal enquiring about the marks awarded to the candidates in the interviews last year (2012-2013). The new PIO has given me the documents which supposedly contain the signature of old principal (as he was there last year). An insider has told me that the new PIO has forged the signature of old principal. The list of the marks has serious mistakes as the addition of marks have been done improperly. 

I had written to the old principal and asked about the authenticity of the documents. It has been more than 1 month and he has not replied. What can i do now? I want to take this matter in High Court or before State Information Commissioner. What are my options? I had matched signatures and they are not matching. 


You can file an appeal to the State Information commission  and seek intervention


Retired employee.

File another RTI Application seeking inspection of original, and before proceeding prepare documentary evidence to establish  the crime (Yes, it amounts to fabrication, please read sec.166 and 167 of IPC) 

If you opt for inspection, you can carry a digital camera also for photographing and can also record the conversation and discussion.

Before filing a criminal complaint, try reconciliation through Pre litigation conciliation through  Legal Services Authority, (After inspection under RTI Act) as you should build a record to show that you have tried remedies and amicable settlement before approaching HC.

Enlist the support of those deserving candidates and also involve them in process if there is really injustice if any done in selection.


The problem is that you have not  been selected this year hence to wreak vengeance you are collecting the evidences against the management (?), however, Mr. G.L.N. Prasad has given some valuable suggestions which in my opinion may be followed for relief and remedy.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu