flat- stamp duty paid not registered - errant builder

I had booked a flat in a redevelopment project in an under-construction building in Mumbai in Nov'2009 and had paid the money towards the Stamp Duty and Registration to the Builder. The builder got the Agreement Of Sale franked for the amount of Stamp Duty but did not get the agreement registered. Due to my lack of awareness I did not realise the same, but had followed up with him on email in 2013 to get the same registered. The builder now is in legal dispute with the society and the project is still under construction or I would say the work is stalled/stopped for few years now. 1. Kindly advise as to how I can compel/force the builder to Register my Agreement? Can there be any complaint/action any authority can take to direct the builder to register my agreement. 2. Can I take the benefit of the Amnesty scheme and pay the difference stamp duty and get the Registration done in the 4 months window period. 3. I had paid the complete Stamp duty in 2009. Kindly advise.

You can issue a leagl notice to builder or directly file a complain in consumer forum  and meanwhile get the deed registered to take the benifit of amensty.

May be builder will drag you further better is to protect your intrests first,the differance you will pasy can be recovered from the builder by properly acknowldeging him about the events through the medium of LN.



You can file a complaint with CREDIA also that is online at ; http://credai.org/register-your-complaint.




Thank you for your guidance on the same.

Pls correct me. I suppose you can only get a releif in CREDAI if the builder is registered with them or a member of CREDAI.





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Indian Evidence Act     |    x