Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Filing a police complaint - media

sir,

if i report a police case regarding cheating of money that i had loaned, will it get reported to the media with my complaint details. in general, what level of privacy does police maintains when provide info to media on the complaints filed.

Learning

4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     25 January 2014

No, it will not be published

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     25 January 2014

No sir.

But FIR When filed, it does not mean you have publicly defamed a person. Only when court decides on Accused  till then accused is considered to 'innocent' that is law.

when police try to not  allow you to file your FIR, then you can move a magistrate by a private complaint. These days i find in Magistrate courts the bench clerks do not oblige you, as they may need some greasing it appears when you go there a lay man.

i attach a Notice to show how to issue legal Notice to police commissioner or other senior police authority. the names mentioned there and persons and addresses mentioned there are fictitious. But such Notice was issued in a case specimen, i attach as a guidance to you or lawyers.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 January 2014

The police on such cases do not maintain any privacy.  They give news as it is or at times a bit exaggerated also. Sooner they register a FIR, before taking them for remand, they issue press release with false or exaggerated news in order to avoid the wrath of human rights commission's action in the future if any filed by the accused.

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     26 January 2014

If any police station does, you can file private complaint to judicial magistrate saying police release your FIR to media, without court adjudication. Let honorable  court adjudicate . Without court deciding on the case contents of all FIRs police cannot release to media for that kind of release might affect the Accused then when accused is exonerated by court the said accused may move n the person who filed the FIR as also on police for defamation. then State being liable under vicarious liability may end up paying defamation based liquidated damages to the exonerated accused.

The person filed since not told the police to release the FIR  to media!  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register