Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SONALI MAHAPATRO   12 October 2018

Employee bond in case of marriage

Hi All,

I am Sonali. I joined a pharma company 9 months ago. My training period 1 year. Currently I resigned from company
 because of my marriage. During joining I signed a couple of papers which is common for all. But those are not bond papers.
In my appoint letter the below mentioned statement is written regarding service bond.

"You will be required to sign a Employee Service Agreement with the company while joining."

Now HR is asking me bond amount which is more than 50000 rupees which I cann't pay. WIthout it they 
are not accepting my resignation,not relesing the releving/service certificate.In my appointment letter nothing is mentioned regarding 
notice period. Should I stop going office in this case ? What should I do to get my releving letter/service sertificate.

Please help me.

Regards,
Sonali  

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 October 2018

It is not clear as to whether you have executed the Service agreement or not.  Still as your appointment is subject to execution of bond, there is a point for employer.  As you are already married and leaving the company , as your service is just 9 months, you may let the relieving/service certificate go for now.  If you want them, negotiate and convince your employer.   No employer generally resorts to such legal action.  Before blaming the employer, just think placing yourself in his position for recruiting another employee in your place after 9 months, inconvenience, costs involved and other recruitment formalities.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 October 2018

The company is entitled to recover the amount spent on training of a newly recruited/appointed employee if he/ she leave the organisation during a specific period.

Check terms and conditions of your appointment, the employer (organisation) can not do such blunder as stated by you.

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     18 October 2018

try to negotiate with company without giving them money and if they don't agree , file complaint under Indusyrial disputes act in office of labour inspector and send copy to the labour commissioner of the state . feel free to call.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register