LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manpreet (Manager)     14 October 2013

Duty of wife as per hindu marriage act

Can anybody let me know ,what are the duties of a wife according to Hindu marriage act? Only the legal points 

It seems as per HMA wife doesnot have any duty in a matrimonial relation.Please comment

Learning

5 Replies

Ranee....... (NA)     14 October 2013

:D

To accompany husband in his all "dukh-sukh", not to leave him or his place without any reasonable cause, to keep husband's earned money to run the household.

why did you ask?Have you learnt the duty of a Husband according to HMA?;)

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     14 October 2013

Dear Manpreet

read the book on Hindu Law

Manpreet (Manager)     14 October 2013

@Ranee,

I have done duty of a husband without reading HMA. She hasnot done anything in the household just beaving as a guest.If maid is absent I am preparing food.Now in everything my wife says its husband duty.Thats the reason I am asking the question.My wife very well knows about 498a,DV,50% property right.Now my question what is the duty of wife?

@Nadeem

Please let me know the name of the book.

BTW thanx to Ranee & Nadeem

Expecting further comment.

(Guest)

@ Author,

1. Duty of wife is some where proportional to the duty of husband .....there is no fixed rule, but yes some duties are made by god and are exclusive for her i.e give the birth to child,take care of child during the stage of infant, Give physical satisfaction to man in sense of intimacy.

2. The duties which are made by the custom and Tradition i.e A wife should prepare the food,take care of home and child,her husband and his parent's and his surroundings,be with her husband in every thick & thin.

3. Now,according to marriage act-------Whatever the situation which binds and protect the conjugal relation of husband and wife are called conjugal rights and duties.

4. Fore more details you can take refference through this link:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Duties-and-rights-of-husband-and-wife--38803.asp#.UlwWmVO9LFw

regards.

n k prasad (xxxxx)     17 December 2019

The inside of the house responsibility is wife and whole responsibilty laid on the male only.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register