LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amol (Citizen of India)     24 May 2010

Dowry prohibation

Do these statements help me file a complaint under Dowry prohibition act as abettor and giver of dowry? 

Statement to protection officer and Zonal Dowry Prohibition Officer : "When I was in Mumbai, big items like freeze, sofa, Cup board etc items were bought from my father’s money"

Written complaint before the court for DV :- 6.    "The opponent herein and his parents, to boost up their false reputation even declined to accept anything as dowry at the time of the marriage of the applicant herein. But when we went to stay in Mumbai, there was nothing in that house, except four walls and the applicant herein was told that freeze, sofa, etc whatever she needed, she should ask her father to send. Consequently, certain items were bought against cheque payments and some others against cash. Indirectly, it was nothing but demanding a dowry."

Written complaint under crpc 125:- Same as above.

can i file it myself or Should i ask my father to file the complaint he is not a party to any of the cases or would it be better if my mother files ??

If i can file then Can i file a complaint in another town or it has to be before the same dowry prohibition officer or should i file it in their local police station?

We all know giving and asking of dowry are both crimes though no dowry was taken by me but isn't it logical that people who gave dowry should also be investigated?

Learning

2 Replies

Legal Fighter (Advocate)     24 May 2010

Yes, you can file the complaint in concerned jurisdiction. Jurisdiction of this case will depend as where the "giving of dowry" crime has been committed. You can file complaint to DPO and if he/she doesn't register it, then u have to approach the concerned court u/s 156(3) for registration of the FIR.

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     24 May 2010

hi.. if they told you directly about dowry & they gave you any threating  then you can file. you can file only that police station where you are now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register