divorce process very slow

Software developer

I have separated with my wife more than 3 years back and  file divorce case in March 2015 , but still after 1.5 years of filing case my wife has not appeared in court , his lawyer appeared everytime.

in my city there are lot of cases and only one family court available.

So every date given is 3 to 4 month gap and that too sometime strike or condolence happens and no work is done. So it  looks it will take 5 years to get judgement.

is there nay way to speedup cases ( there is no fast track family court in our city). 


hi there no way to spped your case and as your wife not present i n court every time that same you do your ;lawyer help on this 

talk with your lawyer and ask him for solution on this and its all depend on court when decide about your case so be patience and wait 




Marriage itself means  having patience for adjusting to other person's  Short comings,      temperments and tastes , etc.So Divorce laso takes that much at least 5 years time.iF YOUR ESTRANGED WIFE DOESN'T ATTEND COURT HEARINGS REPEATEDLY  COURT MAy GIVE A DATE FOR POSTING ORDERS EXPARTE. yOU CONSULT YOUR OWN LAWYER ALSO.Have Patience and win   divorce case.If you appreciate this answer please click my forum thanks by clicking thanks.


If you are in hurry, it is better to settle the matter out of the Court and pay one time aliminy to your wife and for that purpose, your lawyer can talk with the lawyer of your wife.

If it is not possible, file a petition before High Court and obtain an order for time bound early dispsoal of the Divorce case. It may ease your problem.


Court procedure is long one. If you luckily get divorce then she can appeal in higher court. It may take 8-10 years.If she has not appears in 1.5 years why don't you try exparty? You can also file a petition before High Court and obtain an order for time bound early dispsoal of the Divorce case. If you want divorce early then instead of wasting time and money in court go MCD. Pay one time alimony and get rid of her



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu