LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Divorce By Mutual Consent Maintenance ?

If the parties are same to a divorce petition and compromise has been recorded and they have been not living togther as husband and wife from last 1 year then no need to wait for 6 months.

But the  LATEST JUDGMENT OF S.C. REGARDING 13-B HELD: ONLY SUPREME COURT HAS POWER TO WAIVE 6 MONTH PERIOD IN PETITION U/S 13-B Link https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/share_files/DIVORCE-BY-MUTUAL-CONSENT-LATEST-JUDGEMENT-4090.asp said NLY SUPREME COURT HAS POWER TO WAIVE 6 MONTH PERIOD IN PETITION U/S 13-B.

Now my question is this; Suppose Husband and Wife get divorced by mutual consent and put a condition that after divorce wife cannot ask for maintenance and both are agreed for that. Husband thereafter married and first divorced wife does not marry and file a case for maintenance . Should husband give maintenance to divorced wife?

Learning

5 Replies

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     05 September 2010

OLD NEWS

WELL DISCUSSED HERE.

(Guest)

@ Arup

OLD NEWS

WELL DISCUSSED HERE.

if this is old news then post link (.lawyersclubindia forum Link ) which give answer to my question as  you said well discussed here.If my question is already discussed  then post link as i am asking a question not  release a news.

2 Like

(Guest)

I think this is a good question in my case they want mutual but another certain amount they also demanded is that is the permanent alomony  and after this any other monthly maintaenance eligibilty.

(Guest)

SHE CAN ALWAYS ask u/s 125crpc by showing financial hardship

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register