Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manjunath (Systems engineer)     27 February 2013

Daughter claiming parents property

Hi , 

I am Manju from Bangalore. My parents have some land property which is earned by their own and is not ancestral property. I have a sister who is already married. Now she is asking for the share in this property belongs my parents. The land property is in my Mother's name. My mother is not willing to give share from this proprty to my sister. Mother wants to give it to me. Can my sister claim share from this property which is in my mother's name ? . Please advise

Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

Shobhit Chauhan (Founder/President)     27 February 2013

Your sister can not claim share in property. The claim is valid only for ancestrol property. But as you have mentioned that your parents have earned the property themselves, you sister can't claim. Its upto your mother as to whom she wants to give the property; to you, your sister or to both or any other person.

1 Like

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     27 February 2013

well said by sri Chauhan ji.

MohammedRaffiq Bijapur (Advocate)     27 February 2013

Manjunath Make it clear 1) whether your father has contributed to purchase the property? 2) Whether he alive? See if ur father has contributed, in case he has died intestate ur sister can claim her share in the share which ur father had.

Manjunath (Systems engineer)     06 March 2013

Hi Shobhit,

Thanks for your kind information.

Thanks

Manju

Manjunath (Systems engineer)     06 March 2013

Hi Mohammed,

Here is my reply for your queries.

1) whether your father has contributed to purchase the property? -Yes , My father contributed while purchasing property.

2) Whether he alive? - Yes, He is alive and he is not willing to give the property to my sister.

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register