Cheque bounce - lawyer responsibility

Dear Expertise,

My mom had given money to a cab driver taking a cheque. The driver had promised to buy a car and be our driver to clear the amount. Now the driver is absconding. We have filed a case.

The case has taken 2 years bu still the NBW ( non- bailable warrant ) is not issued against the cab driver.  My Lawyer is saying that we should find the place where he is residing and then take the police to the same place to get him it seems. 

Can anyone help me how to take this forward. 

Note: the Cab driver's parents says that he is in Goa.

What my lawyer/myself can/ should be doing?


Lodge police complaint and police shall find the driver (borrower).

It is not  lawyer's job.


Lawyer can help to file complaint and make the police move.

Avoid giving monies in such manner.



legal advisor

file a rti with the pio of the dcp office as to know the status of the fir you have filed and actions taken so far by the concerned investigation officer.


A complaint u/s 138 NI must have already been filed only then you could be thinking about NBW. Your lawyer can also seek publication of notice in newspaper.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu