Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil (executive)     04 April 2012

Change in name

Hi,

I am Anil Divakaran residing at Surendranagar, Gujarat. My permanent address is at Veraval, Gujarat. 

I would like to take advise from your goodselves about changing my name in the Gazzette of  Gujarat. First of all I wish to inform you that I am basically from Kerala. My parents are residing in Gujarat since last 30 - 35 years. I have completed my school in Veraval and degree in Baroda.

In all my documents - marksheets, LC, Degree certificates, my name is mentioned ANIL K. DIVAKARAN. The initial 'K' is the initial of my father's name which is my Grand father's name i.e. Kunju Kunju Divakaran. Kunju Kunju is the name of my Grand Father. Accordingly, my name should be ANIL DIVAKARAN only, not Anil K. Divakaran. 

I have gone to Gazzette Office, Rajkot for changing my name to Anil Divakaran, instead of Anil K. Divakaran, but I have been informed that as per the format of Gujarat Gazzetter, surname is compulsory to mention in the form and a person without surname cannot apply for change in name. 

You are requested to kindly advise me how I can change my name to Anil Divakaran, as I have to apply for passport and no initials can be mentioned in passport. If I mention full name of initial K my name would be read as ANIL KUNJUKUNJU DIVAKARAN, where Divakaran will be read as surname and Kunjukunju as my father's name. To avoid this confusion, I want to change the name of ANIL DIVAKARAN and to change in the gazzete accordingly.

Anticipating your kind advise on this matter.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully.

Anil Divakaran

98799 26044

Learning

1 Replies

SANJAY CHATURVEDI (MANAGER ACCOUNTS AND IT)     07 April 2012

I am also facing the same problem. My daughter's name at the time of birthcertificate was Urvashi. Later on we changed her name when she was in class X following the procedure of submitting affidavit to the school. Now when she is a major and went to get a passport made, the executives at psk are not accepting this certificate because there is a difference of name. Contacting Municipal Corporation of Faridabad (Haryana) resulted with reply that there is no procedure to change the name once registered in birth certificate. Is there anyone who can help in this regard. She has matriculation marksheet, PAN card and affidavit as a proof of date of birth but the authorities are not accepting any of the above. Please guide.

Thanks

Sanjay Chaturvedi

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register