I am working on a PIL to challenge the provisions of Dowry Prohibition Act 1961 and the Rules thereunder by various State Legislatures. As part of the research, I seek from you, if any of you are aware of any judgments (SC or any HC) that dealt with the following provisions of Dowry Prohibition Act 1961
2. Definition of “dowry”.
3. Penalty for giving or taking dowry.
4. Penalty for demanding dowry.
5. Agreement for giving or taking dowry to be void.
6. Dowry to be for the benefit of the wife or her heirs.
7. Cognizance of offences.
8. Offences to be cognizable for certain purposes and to be bailable and non-compoundable.
8A. Burden of proof in certain cases.
Here is the Act: https://indiacode.nic.in/handle/123456789/1679?view_type=search&sam_handle=123456789/1362
Any input is invaluable. Many thanks in Advance