Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramya (SE)     11 December 2010

Case in consumer forum for poor service of Electronic Good?

Hi,

We have bought a washing machine from a leading brand in Oct 2008 which is covered under warranty for 4 years i.e. till Oct 2012. It costed us around Rs21,000. 

This year in May(2010), our machine got some problem and we have sent it to the service centre for repair. And the from the day it was sent back to us we couldnt use it even once because every time it went on a toss as some or the other part was failing. We havent used the machine from May 2010 till date (Dec 2010) due to poor service. Every time a new techinician comes and replaces the affected part, but during the next run itself the machine goes on a toss and process of new techician coming in repeats.

We have raised several complaints for the same and we have also put in a request for replacement(as we are afraid that there is some serious problem in the machine). But they are not ready to replace the machine.

Please let us know if there is any way we can approach this legally as the manufacturing company is not taking the issue seriously and this has caused a lot of trouble to us both mentally and physically.

Learning

6 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     11 December 2010

Ramya ji, If you are having all the receipts proof of transactions with the Company along with the warranty card, you should file a consumer complaint for deficiency of service. First you will have to send them a notice by yourself or through a lawyer and then if they do not do the needful then you will have to file a complaint in consumer forum.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     11 December 2010

I do follow Suchitra S

Ramya (SE)     11 December 2010

Hi Suchitra and Rajeev,

Thanks a lot for your quick advise.This will help us a lot to proceed in our case.

I have stumbled upon this site yesterday as I was searching for a forum which can provide me with required help. This site is of great help to common Indian public like me who are mostly illeterate in terms of legal proceedings.

Kanaksinh P.Boda (Educationist/Lawyer)     12 December 2010

There are other sites also directly dealing with consumer matters only, one of them is International Consumer Rights Protection Council. It contains formates of notices, how to draft complaint and other such details where by consumer is able to handle entire case/ representation hifself. 

siddhartha shankar mishra (Lawyer)     20 January 2011

Suchitraji  is sending notice a mandatory provision?

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     20 January 2011

Yes, it is mandatory. Sending notice is one of the principles of natural justice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register