carpenter cheated .any action i can take?

One of the carpenter took Rs 500 as an advance for some order (tv unit + kitchen drawer fitting) .Agreed date for finished work is past by 10 days.Initially when I called him, he always responded by saying that he will come tomorrow & will finish the work .But he never came .Now from last one week he is not responding ,he is neither picking phone nor calling back .I called the shop owner where he used to work .He responded by saying its holiday ,so try after 2 days .And now he also stop responding & shop is also closed.

I tried to call both of them ,but either i am getting "not available to pick " or "busy" when phone rings.They are disconnecting the call also.There behavior had created enough doubt in my mind that they are cheater.

So through SMS & Whatsapp ,I informed both of them to cancel the order & refund Rs 500. But as usual no response.I can see whatsapp message has been read by them.

All the communication with carpenter & shop owner are oral in nature from day one.There is NO receipt of Rs 500. It was given as advance on trust basis.

But ,my issue is NOT money .In my opinion these people deserve something ,so that they should not do the same to other in FUTURE .

Is there anything I can do like police complaint or similar ? Or simply accept that I am cheated & cant do anything as I don`t have any proof.

I am sure ,police can trace them & with there lathi ,can even make them accept that they have taken the money. I heard with there lathi they can even make innocent people to accept some guilt which they have not committed. Any suggestion?. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu