LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

carterclemency (abc)     17 November 2014

Car accident - how to get this covered

sir, what happens if there is a car accident causing some property damage and if the car driver is not insured. we used to hire call drivers when needed through some companies but am little concerned what if they were not insured...we dont get to check them all times when different person show up. does the owner becomes fully responsible in case if the driver is not insured. is there any component like UNINSURED INSURANCE that i can add to my overall insurance so that it gives me some sort of protection please clarify

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 November 2014

For utilising the hired cars, the drivers need not be insured, the owners would require the cars to be insured unless they will not get permit.  Therefore your fears about insurance to drivers are unnecessary.

carterclemency (abc)     06 December 2014

sir, sorry if my question was not clear..i was not referring to hired cars. i was referring to own car with temporary call drivers.and it ends up that the driver is not insured..and a accident happens. i recently came across a judgement by a chennai motor vehicle tribunal where the owner had to shell out because the party he had let to drive doesnt have a insurance and the owner's vehicle insurance declined to cover it and the owner had to pay it up finally.. will post the judgement here that was in the media once i find it out.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register