Can ngo provide training to govt department and tax status


Respected Members,

We are NGO and and it is mention in our bylaws that we can provide training. We are 12A and 80G certified NGO. Now here is the scenario:

We want to provide training (stress management, skill development) to Govt department. Training will be provided by external resource person and their team which will be hired by us. Department will pay us (the NGO) 4 Lakh after each batch. Now here are my questions:

  1. Will department deduct the tds @ 10% from this 4 lakh?
  2. Can we charge GST @ 18% on this amount?
  3. Is Income tax applicable to NGO in this case? (since it is 12A certified)
  4. 80% of this amount is expenditure so do we need to pay tax on remaining 20% or on the full amount.

I know the question is bit long but every response will be greatly appreciated.

Once again Thank you very much everybody.

 

 
Reply   
 

LEAVE A REPLY


    

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  



 

Search Forum:








×

  LAWyersclubindia Menu