Can an apartment be converted into commercial

Dear all eminent lawyers,

I am a dentist  practicing in a one room kitchen flat for the last 29 years. I have been practicing before the scoiety was formed. The society was formed 27 years ago.  I have been paying commercial charges to the society,

But the apartment is still recorded as residential in BMC records and society has been paying property tax by residential rate to BMC.

I want to know if the property can be converted into commercial in BMC records ? If yes , what is the procedure.

Hope to see many responses and many thanks in advance for the same.


Veerendra Darakh


Take permission from concerned authority .

Who is the concerened authority ? What is the process ? What documents are required ? How much time is the process expected to take ?

If possible, please enlighten me on the above.


If it belongs to municipality,in municipality office, ifit is nagarasabha,Nagarasabha office, Mahanagara phalike ---;

Give requisition letter along with necessary documents i.e your education certificate practising place area no objections from neighbours

At first you apply to the Society stating all facts and seeking their permission for use as a dental clinic. Then you apply to the establishment section of your ward for permission to run the clinic. I think the matter comes under the Shops and Establishments Act, 1948.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x