LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul V   20 February 2020

Birth certificate

Hi Sir, I don't have Birthday Certificate but wrong DOB 10/02/1992 had mentioned in marksheet certificate and other legal documents. And now I'm looking to correct 16/09/1992. Is it now possible to change my DOB? Please let me know Sir.

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     21 February 2020

Weigh all pros and cons with efforts needed and ultimate benefit.  The change of  7 months may not give such advantages as you expect,  just forget and there is no harm except getting retired 7 months in advance or losing some opportunity to age bar. Focus to overcome that difficulty of such 7 months excess age by focussing on career development.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     21 February 2020

Weigh all pros and cons with efforts needed and ultimate benefit.  The change of  7 months may not give such advantages as you expect,  just forget and there is no harm except getting retired 7 months in advance or losing some opportunity to age bar. Focus to overcome that difficulty of such 7 months excess age by focussing on career development.

P. Venu (Advocate)     21 February 2020

Is it that that you do not have birth certificate or that your birth was not registered at all?

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 February 2020

Apply for a birth certificate at your municipal office. If they have the records of your birth they'll issue you the birth certificate. In your case since it wasn't registered they'll issue a "Record Non Availbility" certificate. You have to take this certificate and contact a lawyer. They'll ask you to bring your school passing certifiable, voter ID card etc to prove that your dob is as stated by you. A lawyer files an application in the court and after verification a court order will be issued to issue you a birth certificate.
Hope this helps.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register