LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karthik S (Software)     05 March 2014

Bail vs not to arrest

Hello - My wife has filed a false dowry case, threatening to kill case against me and my family members. FIR has been registered so I have applied for the anticipatory bail. The court instead of granting bail, it issued an ordered "not to arrest" and passed it for mediation. Whats the difference between not to arrest and bail, is there are any chance that I or my family members can be arrested during the mediation process or after the mediation is over.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

2 Replies

cyberlawyer (barrister)     05 March 2014

If you are given bail, you will be required to produce bail or bail bond or security. Since its an order of not to arrest, you are not required to produce the above (in my opinion). However i am not that well verse in criminal matters. Let the learned members answer... Good Luck

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     05 March 2014

Not to arrest or stay of arrest is a order that the court passes and refers the case for mediation. It will hear your case post mediation when it receives the mediation results if it is a success than the case would finish and proceedings will end but if it fails then it will hear your bail application and decide to or not to grant bail.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register