LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shan Ahmed (SPA)     23 June 2013

Area to which delhi rent control act is applicable

Can someone please tell me about the area to which of the Delhi Rent Control Act is applicable. My property is situated in Vijay park, Maujpur. I have heard that the DRC act does not apply to the rural areas. Please help me I really been thankful for any information.

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     24 June 2013

It extends to the areas included within the limits of the New Delhi Municipal Committee and the Delhi Cantonment Board and to such urban areas within the limits of the Municipal Corporation ofDelhi as are specified in the First Schedule:

Provided that the Central Government; may, by notification in the Official Gazette, extend this Act or any provision thereof, to any other urban area included within the limits of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi of exclude any are from the operation of this Act or any provision thereof THE FIRST SCHEDULE

The urban areas within the limits of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi to which the Act extends

The areas which, immediately before the 7th April, 1958, were included in-

1. the Municipality of New Delhi excluding the are specified in the First Schedule to the Delhi Municipal Corporation Act, 1957 (66 of 1957);

2. the Municipal Committee, Delhi;

3. the Notified Area Committee, Civil Station, Delhi;

4. the Municipal Committee, Delhi –Shahdara,

5. the Notified Area Committee, Red Fort;

6. the Municipal Committee, West Delhi;

7. the South Delhi Municipal Committee;

8. the Notified Area Committee, Mehrauli.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register