Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prashanth (aee)     18 February 2015

Adangal and patta

sir/madam,

few days back we got ancestoral record while cleaning the house, in  that we got patta where my great grand fathers name mentioned, with this clue when we checked the records at taluk office we came to know that in that property RTC present owners names are mentioned . also we took a copy patta and adangal from taluk office. surprisingly in that patta also my great grand fathers name mentioned but in adangal name of the ancestors of present owner of the property mentioned.while checking the handwritten RTC of 1968, there is no MR no for transfer of property from ancestor to present owner just written"varisu"(legal hier).  with this brief history i am requesting your kind self for clarification/answers/suggestions for following querries

1) do we have any rights on that property?

2) in patta there is mention of court decree through which my great grand fathers name entered..where can we get that decree?

3) adangal and patta what is the difference, which is more significant to prove posession

4) adangal and patta which is newer(latest)

waiting for answers here..if positive will go for legal action else will drop the issue here.

so please do the needful

Learning

1 Replies

jayakumar.R (ADVOCATE & LEGAL CONSULTANT)     19 February 2015

Dear Mr.Prasanth,

You must verity the available revenue records with local VAO(Villae Admin Officer) for the present ownership status, if the ownership is changed in their records, your grand father or his legal heirs already sold the lands or property, if their name is still exist in the records of the VAO, you just collect the present Survey No and contact the nearest (juristictional) Sub-Registrar office and apply for Encumbrance Certificate. The Encumbrance Certificate show the last  ownership 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register