LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAHUL   13 August 2016

99 years lease rights

Mr Gupta built a 2 storey residential house in 1964 in Kolkata. He gave 1 floor on lease of 99 years to Mr Das, on monthly rent of Rs 500/-. The lease is non renewable. Mr Gupta resided on the Ground floor.

I purchased the property from Mr Gupta on as is where is basis in 2007. Till 2010, Mr Das gave me rent of Rs 500/pm. In 2012 Mr Das passed away leaving behind his grandson only as other members had all expired from time to time.

Now the grandson of Mr Das is refusing to pay the rent, and also does not want to vacate the property which i need for my personal use. 

Is Mr Das protected under the Transfer of Property Act? How should I proceed for eviction?

Learning

2 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     13 August 2016

I purchased the property from Mr Gupta on as is where is basis in 2007. Till 2010, Mr Das gave me rent of Rs 500/pm

It indicate that ur owner.

grandson of Mr Das is refusing to pay the rent,and also does not want to vacate the property 

Whether u had registered it?

File eviction suit in court.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     13 August 2016

I purchased the property from Mr Gupta on as is where is basis in 2007.

As he gave 1st floor on lease for 99 years, which floor did you purchase?   If you purchased the 1st floor which was leased to you, then he or his legal need not pay the rent.  so consult a local lawyer with the material.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register