LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Zulekha _M   31 March 2022

7/12 extract

Need to update current owners name on 7/12 extract in 2022. We purchased property 15 yrs back but name is still of previous owner on 7/12.

Do we have to pay any amount to govt to get this done as a penalty.


 2 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     31 March 2022

simply move an application to the registrar concern with all facts and copy of conveyance deed and ask for mutation enteries in your favour. charges may be charged depends upon state to state but these be very nominal as goverment has already taken tax /fee during the time of conveyance deed.

Zulekha _M   31 March 2022

Thanks for the quick reply.

We visitited the tehsil officer. They say that we have to pay 25 % of the property value to government (govt valuation) to get our name on the 7/12 extract. They r putting entirely on us that it's was your mistake.

We counter questioned them that why was this not pointed out at the time of making sale deed. And we already had paid all the property amt to the seller. 


Is there such rule ?? Anything we can do about it


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register