Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rohanblore2011gmailcom   24 April 2015

498a quashing

Hi,

In the mediation report of family court, the wife has agreed to quash the 498a case and family court has issued divorce decree based on the same. I have few questions related to this 1) Is it possible that the wife disagree to quash the 498a during actual quash in high court 2) Can High court decide not to quash 498a based on DV case and FIR 3) What will happen to divorce if 498a is not quashed or wife does not co-operate 4) Can I proceed to any court to cancel the divorce if the wife does not co-operate for high court does not agree to quashing

Learning

3 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     27 April 2015

U R query is not clear. mention who is going for the quash in HC.  Why would UR wife go for quash when she herself has filed  498 A?

rohanblore2011gmailcom   28 April 2015

I will put a petition for quashing of 498a and wife has agreed to co-operate for quashing in high court for quashing 498a as she wanted the divorce faster. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 April 2015

1) Is it possible that the wife disagree to quash the 498a during actual quash in high court 

possible

2) Can High court decide not to quash 498a based on DV case and FIR

possible

3) What will happen to divorce if 498a is not quashed or wife does not co-operate

trial will proceed.

4) Can I proceed to any court to cancel the divorce if the wife does not co-operate for high court does not agree to quashing.

not possible unless perusal of divorce deed indicates something to contrary)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register