Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pilix   19 July 2016

498a files in court and forwardd to ps.. what is next action

Dear sir,

A false 498a filed in court and forwarded to PS for further action. I got a call from PS to attend councelling

Will PS verify the evidences against false affidavit? or PS will do counselling for settlement?

What is the role of PS in further action? What I need to prepare?  Please suggest me

In my case girl matrimonial home with in three hours. but they claimed in affidavit that girl stayed for two days.








 5 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     19 July 2016

PS means? please state full fact of case.

Pilix   19 July 2016

PS means police station... Fact is girl not interested in marriage and married only on parents force and she left in few hours after coming to our house.

PS didn't accepted thier complaint for 498 as domestic life didn't started.. They given affidavit in court and court forwarded it PS for further action.

PS told me that me and my parents should come for counselling. I already filed dissolution of mariage on non consummation in my town, but they are managing court dasti person to write 'not in town' and meanwhile they filed this 498a in court without accepting my summons from court.



P. Venu (Advocate)     20 July 2016

If the charge is false, visit the Police Station and cooperate in the investigation. The Police are under strict instruction not to take any hasty steps in 498A and related family disputes.

Khush   20 July 2016

Do not panic. Cooperate with police and attend all hearings. They hv to produce evidence. If u hvnt done any wrong , u need not worry

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 July 2016

Jpoing the investigation and submit your view.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register