Upgrad LLM

498a divorce

I am farhan married in 2011,with in one month my wife filed false 498a in india,impounded my passport(I live in USA).she is in india since my marriage.all my family is attending court every month.now she agreed for divorce on paying her X amount..

My concern is

1.what is the procedure to close the case in distirct court/HC?
2.How much time can it take.
3.can she file any case after taking divorce?
4.what will be the best way to pay her(i can't trust her to pay the money upfront).
5.can I take divorce without attending the court?
6.Any advisible concern/suggestion to follow while dealing this?

please advise me on the above

Thanks in advance.

practicing advocate

If she is agreed for the divorce, immediately file the consent divorce petition refer it to mediation centre and get it solved all our cases even criminal 


self employed

It seems Ad Rajeev is right.

Dy Director

yesMr Rajeev is correct. Follow his advise before she changes mind.

Lawyer in Hyderabad.wats app no.9989324294

she cannot file any case after divorce. You have to attend the court in case of divorce. Consent divorce take is best remedy for quick disposal of the cases.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x