LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suhail (abcd)     11 July 2011

498a ,3 n 4 dp act

pls tell me the time limit filing of charge sheet in 498a case?, my case has been register at Lucknow dated 8-8-2008 with double zero number and transferred to Mumbai n register here in may 2009 with new no. my all family member got remedy from Lucknow H.court article 226 Arrest stay till final charge sheet. i got bail in cotober 2010. can i use remedy crpc 467,468,469 after date 8-8-2011, thanks



 3 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     11 July 2011

Yes. As the inordinate delay is being caused by prosecution, you can invoke the benefits available under the mentioned sections.

Ranjan Mukherjee (Senior Associate)     12 July 2011

The limitation is three years. and yes you could, take advantage of the same after the three years are over on 07-08-2011. But also see section 473 of the CRPC.

D.N.Barola (Socio-political worker)     12 July 2011

How to safeguard against section 498A ? There is no provision of anticipatory bail in Uttarakhand, where I live.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query