LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghavendra (1)     26 October 2016


Dear Experts

My ex-wife filled 498A,DV maintanence and conjucal rights cases. I filled Divorce case.

Recently i got the degree of order (contested Divorce case). Now 7 months completed from the date of order. Till date i couldn't get any appeal notice or any private notice.

Now, i have requested my advocate to quash the 498A case, but he is telling that "Got stay order for my family for 498A case" i couldn't  understand here. Why we need a Stay instead of quash? Can anyone advice me in this case please.

Your expert advice hemlp to come out of this stress. As i already spent lot of money for this case. 

Please help me. 


 2 Replies

Agree with tuk tuk (auto)

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     27 October 2016

It's better you  ask your own advocate  about  your doubt and clear it. I 'm of the opinion that once her (your ex wife) maintennnce petition and RCR petiton are disposed of he would file  a quash petition in High court  either by writ or by by appleal under sedction 482 Cr.P.C.Once you don't join her for RCR she would come to terms with divorce and after that your advcate  is thinking of filing quash  petition for  498 A in Highcourt. instead of stay petition.If you appreciate this answer please click the thank youbutton on this forum.If you don't have faith in this lawyer entrust the case to another expert lawyer who is trustworthy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register