LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498 Exploited (S)     30 December 2013

498 query

Dear expert

I am staying in Himachal Pradesh for 3 months previously I was staying in Ludhiana Punjab along with my wife  from where I transferred myself due to some of the rowdy peoples who were appointed by my father in low & wife . now I have filed for divorce here.  Can my wife go and file a case of 498a  in Ludhiana or jharkhand or anywhere in india? Her parents are staying in Jharkhand. There is no case pending against me in Ludhiana Punjab or anywhere.  currently she is staying with me.  Please advice


 2 Replies

S.QAISAR ALI ADV. (Advocate)     30 December 2013


You did not write any reason why do you want divorce from your wife.what grounds you have taken in your divorce case.write complete detail to opine you clearly.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     31 December 2013

If you feel to have a right to file a divorce case from the place where you reside, your wife also has a right  under the provisions of referred criminal law to lodge a complaint against you from her present place of residence.  You have stated that your wife is residing with you, it means whether her father is contemplating to file a case against you or you both?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register