LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhijit   21 June 2019

40k loss

I sent a parcel on 7July2018 from Jetpur(Gujarat) to Ambattur(Chennai) via Gatikwe transport services. The parcel contained an order for one of my customers, worth almost 40k of clothes. On 13 July the parcel was in Chennai but was not delivered. And it's same till today. The courier company took almost 5months to confirm that they have lost my parcel and as it wasn't insured, they cannot fulfill my refund claim. Now they've agreed to send me an OBN certificate without FIR so that I can claim for it if I have the parcel covered by insurance. Please suggest, how do I go about it? Is there any poasibility that I can claim for the lost parcel. Thanks Abhijit

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 June 2019

You will be forwarded to the claims department if the customer service department is having problems resolving your problem. Later, the department will check whether the customer is entitled to compensation based on their Terms and Conditions.or else file a case in consumer forums.

Abhijit   09 July 2019

Hi. Thanks for the response. Actually they are denying me any refund as it was "shipper's risk". I tried approaching the consumer forum,but they too said that, as it was a business transaction and you're making profit from the transaction, you cannot be treated as consumer. Please let know if there is some way through this.. Thanks

Abhijit   17 July 2019

Anybody with some guidance?

Jaiden   21 December 2019

Well, you need to focus on the key point of why this loss happened what you did wrong that you get this situation. As paper writer online said accept what you get and move on. This is the easy way you pick and never repeat the same mistake.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register