Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swathi priya (s/w engg)     20 October 2010

15 days notice period doesnt include weekends

Dear Sir/Madam,

Im working for a software company through a consultancy as a contractor. At the time of joining its written in offer letter that the notice period is 15 days. But now when i said i wanted to resign they are saying that i need to serve 15 business days notice, whereas the offer letter says it is 15 days notice period. I tried arguing with them that in the offer letter no where it is specified that the notice period is 15 business days. Now im forced to serve 3 weeks of notice (my office operates 5 days a week). But im supposed to join another company on 8th november. Im really worried about my relieving now. Please let me know whether the notice period of 15 days should consider saturday/sunday or not.

Thanks,

Swathi

Learning

3 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     20 October 2010

Your company appears to be a Great Inventor to circumvent the law. The 15 days notice never implies 15 business days. It certainly includes saturdays and sundays and any intervening holidays. 

vasudevan

(Guest)

Its never the way your company has designed. Its just that the case maybe of harassing you in some way or other.

Try talking to some senior manager or some senior staff which is helpful and powerful enough to help you in this matter. Otherwise legally i don't know their is a way to clear this off and even if their is a way their is not much time for this. You've got to do it on your own

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     20 October 2010

Mr. Vasudevan is correct in all respects. Days include intervening  holidays. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register