LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RK (Principle Consultant)     03 December 2013

11 months clause - in rental agreement

The 11 month clause in rental agreement what does it stands for? 

My last house owner says i have not stayed for 11 months as per the agreement so we have to paint the house until then he is not willing to give my house advance back.

Iam forced to accept for the painting, kindly help what should i do here.

Thanks

Krish.

Learning

4 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     03 December 2013

if it  is for more than 11 months it is mandatory to register the agreement for rent. 2, if u have accepted for that u have to follow that.

Prasun Chandra Das (Banker)     03 December 2013

Rental agreements are normally made for 11 months to save on stamp duty & other registration costs, because any rental agreement for 12 or more months have to be compulsorily registered.

Normally, rental agreements consist of provisions for termination of the agreement before the 11 month period, whereby the landlord or the tenant can terminate the agreement before 11 months by giving sufficient notice period to the other party (usually 1 month) in writing. In your case, if no such clause termination clause is there in the rent agreement, I think it is correct to say that you need to pay rent for 11 months, regardless of your staying for 11 months or not. Pls explore the risk of the landlord NOT returning the security deposit even after you have the house painted.

Yes there is one month notice period from either side......infact i had given 40 days notice....worried abt my security dep

Thanks 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register