What Was The Case
- The case was about Maharashtra Government’s Petition against the CBI FIR filed against the former State Home Minister, Anil Deshmukh.
- The matter was being heard by Justice S S Shinde and Justice N J Jamdar.
- A Preliminary Enquiry had been ordered by the Chief justice’s Bench against Deshmukh.
What Were The Allegations Made
- Advocate Jaishree Patil made allegations of ‘insults’ against Justice Shinde.
- She pleaded to be added as a party in respect of the current petition.
- She requested her petition to be heard along with that of Anil Deshmukh.
- She then claimed that Justice Shinde had insulted her during a previous hearing.
- She even accused the Maharashtra Government for not making her party to the petition.
What Did The Bench Say
- Justice Shinde said that he was regretful if she was offended by his words.
- He mentioned that all advocates, judges and lawyers were like a family.
- In case mental harassment was caused to her, he regretted it.
- Senior Advocate Darius Khambata said that it was the majesty of the court that it was expressing regret.
- The Solicitor General Tushar Mehta asked Patil not to take advantage of Justice Shinde’s silence and the Court’s magnanimity.
What do you think about this incident? Share with us in the comments below!
Tags : Others