NATIONAL NEWS SUMMARIES
1. Special bond between grandmother & children cannot replace the bond between the natural parents & children: Bombay HC
• The Bombay HC has held that the bond between grandmother and grandchild is special but it cannot take the place of the child’s parents.
• This was held by the Court in a case wherein the parents had moved the Court because the grandmother of their child refused to part with him.
• The Court directed the grandmother to hand over the child to his parents.
2. Discrepancies found after the raids on Anurag Kashyap, Pannu & others
• More than 160 tax officials have raided and been searching various locations in Mumbai and Pune related to Anurag Kashyap, Tapsee Pannu and others.
• The IT officials have claimed that there have been discrepancies of more than 600 Crores.
• The tax agency is claiming that there has been a huge depression of income.
3. The Govt can cut excise duty on petrol
• The petrol and diesel prices have been very high given the increase in the petrol and diesel prices.
• However, the government was being heavily criticized for the high prices.
• The prices can now be reduced by the Govt by up to Rs. 8.5 per Litre.
4. CCTV Installations in Police Stations: SC
• The States and Union Territories of India have been directed by the Supreme Court of India to install CCTV cameras in all the police stations.
• “We reiterate that these are the matters of utmost importance concerning the citizens of this country under Article 21 of the Constitution of India,” held the Court while observing the delay in implementation of orders by the State & Central Govt.
5. Prepaid Wifi at Railway Stations
• RailTel has launched prepaid wifi services at 4000 railway station across the nation.
• The passengers would still be use the internet for free for 30 minutes per day at a speed of 1 Mbps.
• After that, the passengers can choose a prepaid plan at nominal prices and use internet with the speed at the rate of 34 Mbps.
INTERNATIONAL NEWS SUMMARIES
1. German Prison changes 600 keys after trainee shares photos of important keys
• Germany’s JVA Heidering Prison had to change 600 keys when a trainee working their shared the picture of the keys with his friends.
• The intern wanted to brag about his internship and shared the pictures on WhatsApp.
• The keys included very important one such the one which locks the passage doors and cells.
2. Couple having sex in lockdown hours fined
• In Derby, UK, a couple was found having sex in a car in a lay-by during the lockdown hours.
• The Derbyshire Police Officers fined them heavily for flouting the lockdown rules.
• Both were fined with an amount equaling more than 40,000 Rupees.