What is JIMEX 2020?
- The 4th edition of India-Japan bilateral exercise JIMEX, was held between the Indian Navy and Japanese Maritime Self-Defence Force, was held from September 26 to September 28, 2020.
- It was held in the North Arabian Sea.
- JIMEX 2020 had been held in a ‘non-contact at-sea-only format’ in view of COVID-19 restrictions.
When did the JIMEX series begin?
- JIMEX series of exercises had begun in January 2012 with a special focus on maritime security cooperation.
- The last edition of JIMEX was conducted in October 2018 off Visakhapatnam, India.
What was the purpose of JMEX 2020?
- This exercise will further enhance the cooperation and mutual confidence between the two navies and fortify the long-standing bond of friendship between the two countries.
WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS ON THIS EXERCISE? MENTION YOUR VIEWS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.